TotalSims.com Forums

The BEST in Online Combat and Flight Simulations
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:13 pm 

By looking at the posts below it is very apparent to me that us paying players are not getting any help from ient -- is there a reason for this -- it is also apparent to me that you are losing customers too aces high -- when you login to aces high it runs a connection ping test automatically for the player and displays the results -- i repeatedly get knocked out of warbirds the game just collapses back to desktop that is very frustrating when i am in the middle of a 30 minute sortie either in a plane or in a tank --- where has ient gone wrong - i suggest you purchased a cheaper server to save money because of lack of players to finance the game but this has had a reverse effect because now players are leaving because of connection frustrations so now you have even less revenue to support the game -- players expect help and answers from the top for a game they pay to play and expect a certain standard of gameplay or else they will just look elsewhere where they do receive help and support and have an enjoyable game to play

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:55 pm 

Hi shoots.

Last server post was in February, that server has since been taken offline and no one up to this point has posted server issues. Previous posts were years ago. It seems you are getting the wrong impression, though I'm with you, sometimes emailing iEN isn't responsive.

http://forum.totalsims.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13816

Now reading more into your comments I'm understanding that Warbirds is crashing to desktop or is it still in the program tray like when you minimize the window?

If that is the case it's not a connection issue. You will stay in warbirds and it will say "lost connect" if connection is the case. What you are describing is a result of Warbirds being old. It doesn't come back from being minimized when in full screen. A window opening such as an an anivirus message will kick Windows to desktop and then you can't recover the game.

To test this you can run Warbirds in windowed mode (settings/video settings) and see if anything pops up while you are playing. Warbirds won't crash in windowed mode but the downside is you can't run the game at the monitor's native resolution and remain functional.

Windows 7
AMD A8 5600K Black Edition (OC 4.0GHz)
16 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 770Ti
1TB SATA Western Digital "Blue" HDD
24" LG LED 1080p, 60hz
CH Controls

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

Shoots,

Here are comments from our Customer Service and me. WB

Shoots,

Please let me know what the issue is for you?

We are having great connections here in the US. We are getting very few discos reported.

I don’t know much about the state of the local internet in the UK, however, sorry.

Most of the time we find that something on the player’s own computer or system that is causing discos.

1) Are you on a PC? Or Mac?
2) What Operating System and what memory do you have?
3) What graphics card and memory.
a. You could run the Belarc Advisor and take screenshots of the results and send to us and maybe we would see something.
b. Attached is our New Player Guide that describes how to use DXDiag to turn all the other programs in the background, all the updates, off, while playing WarBirds.
4) Are you running any virus checkers or malware programs in the background when trying to fly WarBirds?
a. Those kinds of programs regularly block some packets or features in WarBirds that can cause the game to hiccup.
b. Type DXDiag, enter, and you can normally see all the startup programs that are running even when you don’t know they are running.
i. You need to turn those off just before playing WarBirds. (Leave all .dll’s on!)
5) We flew the S3 on Sunday night with over 100 participants online together with no reported discos? That was a very good night for sure?
6) You can always run a ping tests at these locations to see what your ping and packet loss is. I would run at least five test over two days to get an average and see if there is a specific time your local internet is worse than other times. At my home, between 9 and 10 PM, each night the entire community logs in and I get the worst packet loss till the old folks go to bed at 10!
a. http://www.pingtest.net/
b. http://www.speedtest.net/
c. http://ping-test.net/
7) I am playing on wireless with very few interruptions on my laptop these days. Of course, I make sure I have no updates, nothing in the background running, in anyway to try to ensure I don’t get over the Channel and disappear!

I would be glad to get on SKYPE and discuss your system, your setup, review your Ping Test, and see what we can find.

Do you have a SKYPE name and a good time to chat?

Look forward to helping you with your issues.

IENT Customer Service

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:40 pm 

Oh my god i take back the lack of help-- WILDBILL was on my case straight away with help at first hand and suggestions with links to ping testing and rakes of other help and suggestions -- it turned out it was my operating system being still windows XP -- i have now upgraded my OS too windows 7 i can now fly and use the enhanced graphics version of warbirds what a difference -- and no collapsing of WB back to desktop -- a big THANK YOU to WILDBILL and a MASSIVE apology for trying to blame the game when it was clearly my outdated OS -- its so easy to try and blame other people and the game when it is a problem with things closer to home SORRY (hiding my face in the hanger at field 7 )