WarBirds

NEW FORUM AT http://bhlanding.ient.com/warbirdsforum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wireless Headset ?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:35 pm 

I have a Turtle Beach PX 3 wireless headset that I can never get to work consistently--I get it it to work on Team Speak but not the game, and then I can hear on TS and WB, but mic will not work.
So, what other wireless headset works good.
Pls list any Pro/Con's of anything you suggest.

Thanks for any help

FYI OS is a Windows 7

Post subject: Re: Wireless Headset ?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:30 am 

I set my headset as default in windows when it is plugged in. I have a USB headset but Windows should treat your wireless the same once it is connected. This sends all of your sound to the headset. If you only want to use your headset for TS then you should select your speakers as default and set your headset up in TeamSpeak. Game sounds will go to your speakers and TS will be in your headset.

Unlike Dobs I set my playback and capture to default in TeamSpeak. This uses whatever you have set in Windows. So there is nothing else to set up. If you use your headset for TS only then you will need to select your headset for playback and your mic for capture.

For Ventrilo (our squadron uses this instead of TS) I select my headset from the drop down list for input and output devices. This would be the same if you use your speakers for game sounds and Ventrilo for coms.

My setup works perfect for me and Dobs works for him. Play around with your setup to find what works for you and your gear.

I have known players to use a Logitech wireless headset. The only thing I ever heard bad was battery life. They liked the sound quality but the batteries always seemed to die in the middle of an S3 event! There are some that can charge while you use them these days so I don't think that is much of a problem with that kind of setup.

Hope this helps